HOW TO BRING OUT YOUR NATURAL BEAUTY AT 50, 60, 70 AND BEYOND
1. Keep yourself hydrated: Think of how much more alive your plants look when you keep them watered. Same thing with your skin. Drink plenty of water every day. Your skin will be kept naturally hydrated and you’ll see the difference. I promise.
Did You Know?
- We lose water from our bodies even when we breathe.
- Foods with high water content like soups, coconut water, buttermilk, cucumbers and oranges are good sources of water for the body.
- If you have sugar free soda water with lemon between every alcoholic peg you consume, it can prevent a hangover and make you drink less.
2. Exfoliate once in a week: Use a facial exfoliation product that suits your skin type. The exfoliation will help to get you rid of dead skin cells that are clogging up on the top layer of your skin and bring the hidden more youthful skin to the top. Here’s what we recommend.
- It Unclogs Pores. ...
- It Prevents Acne. ...
- It Helps Other Skincare Products Penetrate Deeper. ...
- It Evens Skin Tone. ...
- It Boosts Circulation and Lymphatic Drainage.
3. Avoid too much direct sun exposure: Do not expose yourself for long hours to direct sun heat, as the direct sun heat for long hours may cause aging spots and wrinkles. Before going in to direct sunlight, use a good sunscreen.
4. Exercising: Exercise daily till you start sweating. I know. This isn’t normally what you’d expect to hear but when you perspire, it’s like purging impurities from your pores from the inside out. Clean pores shrink to normal size. Normal pores make for a smoother skin.
By getting the heart rate up and improving blood circulation, oxygen and nutrients are delivered to the skin which keeps the skin healthy, promotes collagen production, and promotes new skin cells which keeps the skin looking glowing and is also helpful for anti-aging,
5. Moisturizer: Use a good moisturizer every day, especially on the facial area to make your skin look healthy and glowing. An effective tip especially if your skin tends to be dry. Here’s our best moisturizer.
Even applying your moisturizer promotes healthier skin. By rubbing it into your skin in a circular motion, you are giving yourself a mini-massage. This massaging action improves circulation to your facial tissue, helping to produce new skin cells and stimulating the production of collagen and elastin, the structural proteins that help keep skin looking young.
6. Before you sleep: Rinse off and cleanse your face to remove make-up and dirt from your face. Otherwise your skin will remain clogged up for long hours while you are sleeping.
Night is an essential time to renew your mind—and your skin. Adding a moisturizer before bed creates softer, more hydrated, and better-looking skin the next day. It also helps seal in moisture and repairs the skin barrier that's compromised by dry air and harsh cleansers. Lastly, during the night, your face is almost completely expressionless. This means those smile lines, frown lines, forehead lines are relaxed. Moisturizing before bed helps smooth these lines. Make sense?
Here is the organic moisturizer we recommend.
7. Avoid stress and have adequate sleep. O.K., I can hear you fussing and rolling your eyes at this one and I totally agree, it's easier said than done. I was just stressing about getting this blog post done for you and saw this one so stopped, took a deep breath, spent a few seconds in meditation . . . and then resumed. (I'd gotten so many interruptions during the process I had to remember was I left off each time.) Do your best.
8. Eat healthy natural food: This will provide you the required vitamins and minerals that are good for your skin. This is one I've struggled with too. Is that grass-fed beef really worth the extra cost over the grain-fed?
Grass-fed beef usually contains less total fat than grain-fed beef, which means that gram for gram, grass-fed beef contains fewer calories (1). But the composition of fatty acids is also different. I won't go deep into this here but please research the difference in the fatty acid components to learn why the grass-fed beef may be another small key to overall health and better looking skin.
9. Avoid smoking and too much of alcohol: You may take moderately good quality alcoholic drinks. This isn't a judgement. We're talking about how to have beautiful skin.
10. Make-up products: Try to use natural or organic make-up products that work with your skin's natural beauty and texture instead of those that clog your pores. Makeup is like paint. Layer after layer over time clogs pores and causes a rough looking surface. Using makeup that is as close to nature as possible (including using none when possible) is always the best way to maintain health skin. I recommend BOOM! By Cindy Joseph. I know the person who built this company and can assure you they are as passionate about healthy skin as you are. Good people. Good products.
What's your secret?
Do you have skin care secrets other than these you'd like to share with your family here at My Skin's Friend?
We'd love to know your top secret skin care hack and share it with others. Please let us know by writing us at email@example.com.